Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Word For 2013 Is . . .

reveal

  to make known; disclose 
to lay open to view; display; exhibit
an act or instance of revealing; revelation; disclosure
  unveil, publish, impart, tell, announce, proclaim

Yesterday I shared that I was looking for a bit of a compelling guide, a gentle challenge, a steady purpose for this coming year.  I put the whole one word challenge on the table right then and there.  And I told you that you'd be the first to know when that word settled into my mind and heart.    

REVEAL is the word I claim for 2013
No lame list of 10 hot goals that will never be met. 
No endless resolutions that go nowhere fast. 
Only this. 

I'm choosing to ask God to make Himself known to me and to unveil all the beautiful bounty of who He is.  And then give me the opportunities to reveal what He's teaching me as I interact with those He brings onto my path.

How?  I'm not too sure.  And that's ok.  Because this is about Him, not me.  He's the One who will do the revealing.  I'm going to keep that simply compelling word in front of me day in and day out.  I'm expectant, I'm hopeful, and I'm confident that God's going to break through and reveal more of who He is, and do it in ways that just might be infinitely more than I might ask or think

I look forward to living out these discoveries with you!
 

 
So ... what's your one word for 2013? 
 





  
= photo by Ju Lombs

8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to listening in on your year and all that He teaches you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heidi! As ever, it should be a bit of an adventure with Him at the wheel ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still working on my "one word." Some contenders are: cherish, finish, habit, sunrise. I hope to lock one in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Please be sure to link back to this post and let us know what finally grabs you ...

    I promise you'll know it when it happens.

    Thanks, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emerging is my word.

    Looking forward to seeing what God reveals to you as you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that word for you, Dar! Suits you to a T!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were right when you said I'd know when the right word struck: it's HABIT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat! I can't wait to see how this unfolds for you in this season, Debby ...

    ReplyDelete

So ... whatcha thinkin', friend?

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...