Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The 9 Cent Gift

- My youngest daughter Jenn, our resident family photographer -
Ok ... so I did the 11 Christmas Presents You've Just Gotta Give.   A few hundred of you dropped by to check out what those trinkets might look like. 
 
And then The Nester challenged her readers to choose a favorite thing that costs less than $15.
 
mmm ... it just might be a well-loved book or a handcrafted ornament.  Anything yummy, fresh from a warm oven.  A luscious scented candle or a small vintage treat. 
 
I could be good with a little something tiny and sweet, tucked amidst fresh, crisp tissue paper in an exquisite gift bag, ribbons flowing. 
 
But in the end, it's all about the photographs.  Just capture me a second or two here or there ... smiles or laughter or pensive moments caught unaware.  That's all I need.  A cherished momento to hold close to my heart, to gaze at from time to time, fond memories of those all too rare hours we share together.  
 
I'll put one of those babies in a frame already possessed or stick it on the fridge.  Tuck it in the corner of the old oak mirror in the bedroom or prop it on my desk.  Perhaps it'll end up in that place of honor on the windowsill right over the kitchen sink.   

Love.  For about 9 cents a print.
 
 






Grab your Christmas stocking and head on over to the FAVORITE THINGS PARTY!

AND

Beyond The Picket Fence

4 comments:

  1. It really doesn't take alot to bring a smile to my face!

    Thanks for dropping in this evening, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clicking over from Nester's today. I love this!! I am a picture nut too, as my hubby would say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When all is said and done, those captured memories sure do matter!

    Thanks for joining us today, Candace ...

    ReplyDelete

What's a conversation without YOUR input? I'd love to hear your heart ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...