Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012's Big Stars

WOW! 

2012 has been the year when the blog seems to have sprouted wings and taken off.   Linky parties here and there ... loving the feel of writer's cramp ... the sweet satisfaction of hitting that orange PUBLISH button ... some lovely, supportive online relationships that have taken root ... steadily rising stats ... answered prayers. 

No matter how you slice it, God's been good!  Along with counseling women, I'm finding that writing has become incredibly meaningful for me, a natural extension of those conversations that I have in the counseling office on Wednesdays and Thursdays, a door that God seems to be opening slowly but surely. 

Based on the number of unique pageviews, here's the TOP 13 posts in the last twelve months that grabbed our readers' attention.  Click on the title to read the entire post ...

 
a Boyd's bear gently settles in to make a welcoming appearance on this year's front door wreath ...
afternoon sunlight hits the home-crafted oak mantle laden with Grandma's vintage ornaments, old celluloid Santas, and fresh snipped holly ...
 
 
Ok ... so I did the 11 Christmas Presents You've Just Gotta Give.  A few hundred of you dropped by to check out what those trinkets might look like.  And then The Nester challenged her readers to choose a favorite thing that costs less than $15.  mmm ... it just might be ...
 
 
Our obsession with screens and all-things-social-media is growing, seeping into more of our hours, leeching away our already limited energy and focus.  Non-stop 24/7 access via smartphones, e-readers, and tablets has joined our laptops in giving us more ease of access to ...
 
 
Everyone loves creative, new organizing ideas!  We tear them out of magazines, bookmark them online, and share, post, pin, and collect them every which way.   And then we end up forgetting what ...
 
 
Hello.  My name is Slanderer.  My life is defined not by who I am in Christ or by my giftedness, accomplishments, or loving relationships.  Instead, hurt, frustration, fear, and the disrespect that has been leveled at me along the way has come to ...
 
 
Oprah has her extravagantly popular favorite things.  And Martha is whipping up near-to-perfection gifts from her farm.  So I hope you don't mind me offering a sampling of goodies I think are truly lovely to share with those on your list ...
 
 
Over at the ministry leadership blog Out of Ur, there's been several recent posts focusing on "the religious views of 20-somethings."  And I hear that this video is getting alot of press in the Christian blog world.  Once again, the issue of the faith of the next generation is on the table.  Or did it ever leave? ...
 
 
Gotta admit I was a bit intrigued when I came across the invitation to consider some Home Goals over at nesting place last week.  I've done quite a few posts on dealing with clutter and homekeeping along the way, but to me this challenge goes beyond that.  It's actually quite personal ...
 
 
In the past four years, I've written lots of posts on clutter.  What it looks like to be held hostage by our possessions, accumulations, stockpiles, stashes.  The myriad of reasons/excuses behind it all.  The impact on our families.  The huge linkup with our emotional and spiritual lives.  And I've shared oodles of ...
 
 
In recognition of Autism Awareness Month, I'm so delighted that the next segment of our Seven Questions interview series is a conversation with my dear friend Jennifer Diehl.  Jen is warm and engaging, with a million dollar smile that lights up the room ... and she's mom to a son who's been diagnosed with autism.  She's been thoughtfully candid as she's shared her heart.  And there's no doubt in my mind that ...
 
 
Sheila & Michael's sweet surprise made my day last month ... and I'm delighted about guest blogging over on their site today.  With 8 random observations and 2 reflective questions, I think there's something that just might grab your attention!  If you're married, I hope you're inspired to reach for the next rung as you continue climbing the ladder of this oh-so-beautiful, yet incredibly challenging lifetime commitment.  And if you're single, I hope that there'll be ...
 
 
YES!   31 Days Is Here!  Hundreds of bloggers have been counting the days.  And today we're all taking a deep breath, grabbing hold of our keyboards, and jumping in for the long-awaited challenge from The Nester ... to write 31 posts in 31 days ...
 

There's no two ways about it.  I am an introvert.  Born and bred.  That's no surprise to those who know me well.  Even if they wonder out loud why I don't leave my cellphone on 24/7.  Or text relentlessly back and forth.  Arrive wherever and head straight for the back row or ...
 
 
*       *       *
 
Thank you for making this whole blogging thing so worthwhile.  I so appreciate you dropping in from time to time, leaving a comment here and there, and sharing the links to posts that hit home for you with others.  If you haven't signed up to get each post as it's published, please head right on up to THE DELIVERY at the top right and subscribe!
 
And if you'd be willing to share what you want to read about in the days ahead, I'd love to hear what's on your mind.   Together, let's see what God has in store for 2013 ...
 
= vintage typist by ainoneito

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...