Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Hands Are Off It

I was leafing through my journal this morning and came upon this entry from several months back ...


I was struck yesterday afternoon by what happens to my soul soon after I really release a situation, a problem, a person, a relationship to You, Lord.  This has happened time and again.  The memories remain, but the impact, the concern, the burden truly is gone.

This is so hard to explain to someone, for it must be experienced.

This is what the peace that passes understanding is truly about.  I've seen it happen, I claim Your Word on Your willing ability to remove my burdens, I celebrate Your faithfulness and Your power in doing so.  There's a long list of the ways You've showed Yourself present, powerful, and attentive.

So, yes, the situations may remain.  But my hands are off it.  Your hands are on it.  Sometimes I can picture a brick wall between what has been released and where I am now.  Sometimes I really have to pause and force myself to recall exactly what has been given over.  And often, You keep me from seeing it, from experiencing it again.

So I thank You this morning for Your faithful provision of peace and rest in my life.  Your mercies are new every morning.  I have only to claim all that is mine in Christ, and allow You to have complete access and control of all that defines who I am.

Because it is for freedom that You have set me free.

And then I read what Sarah Young writes for this day and I know You are speaking through her words ...
'I am a God who heals.  I heal broken bodies, broken minds, broken hearts, broken lives, and broken relationships.  My very Presence has immense healing powers.  You cannot live close to Me without experiencing some degree of healing ...

The 1st step in receiving healing is to live ever so close to Me ... When the time is right, I prompt you to ask for healing of some brokenness in you or another person.  The healing may be instantaneous, or it may be a process.  That is up to Me.  Your part is to trust Me fully and to thank Me for the restoration that has begun ...'

= photo by Mayr

4 comments:

  1. Peace and rest in your life... a precious gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and amen, Jennifer ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful piece -- so often I construct walls where there should be softness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ... softness is a such a beautiful, compelling word, Jen ...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...