Friday, November 16, 2012

300 Seconds on Staying Behind

I always wanted them to stay here, not to move on, not to head off to another place.  But move they did, all those friends over the years.  Away from the Hudson Valley, from the transient place, this stopping off point.  On to Texas and North Carolina and Pennsylvania and other parts unknown to me.

I wanted them to stay but move on they did, to other houses and churches and jobs and lives.  And friends.  Some used to joke about their wonderful 'new, improved friends.'  But I never could quite join in the laughter at their lame attempts at humor.

Five Minute FridayI wanted them to stay but oh so many of them headed off to new ventures, never realizing how easy it appeared for them to do so and how abandoned and alone it left me, left us.  This has been our life here in this place all these years, smack dab between NYC and Albany. 

I should've bought stock in Kleenex way back in the late '70s.  Lord knows I've used more than my fair share along the way.

Ah ... but there is One that sticks closer than a brother.  He never leaves.  I don't feel abandoned by Him.  This One remains.  He stays.


 
 
 

 
* packed bags by RhubarbPatch (Anita Peluso)


6 comments:

  1. I wish that they would all stay as He does. And I am grateful that He stays. Such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm not alone in this ... thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog today to comment, because I really enjoyed what you wrote. I can very much relate to this. I often feel like I am the same ole tried and true friend who never leaves, while others get busy and end up seemingly dropping off the face of the earth :) It's a pity more people don't try harder to but more time in to maintaining their connections. So true what you said at the end. There is at least one who will never leave. Thank goodness for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all move ahead with life ... but oh the rich joy when we're able to keep that meaningful connection alive!

    Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts, Rebekah ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting and true post. So heart wrenching to read those words as all of us have had the experience ...

    {via email}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I know that friends pass on, but do you know what? The Lord always brings someone new, no it is definitely not the same, but the 'someone' brings a new friendship to cherish and to build on ... And so, take heart, Linda!

    {via email}

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...