Wednesday, October 31, 2012

31 Days of Awesome Relationships : : Day 31 : : The Grand Finale


I started this 31 Day Challenge full steam ahead, really getting into the whole thing, brimming over with creative brainstorms, loving every minute of my fingertips on the keyboard.  I was meeting lots of kindred souls along the way and discovering new blogs that really resonated deep.  I was loving it!

And then came the first of a series of wrenching phone calls and the death of my husband's father.  A 13 hour road trip.  Grief and logistics and legal realities and trauma and drama all colliding together while living out of a suitcase.  Looking straight in the face at death and all its ramifications for the living.  And watching three brothers wrestle together to find a new home for their mother who lives in the tragic netherworld of dementia.  

A few hours after the funeral, word came that a dear friend had also reached Heaven's doors after battling with cancer for a decade.  I wept, 'Oh God, this is just too much.'  I thought of letting the whole 31 Day Challenge go.  But not for long.  I woke very early one morning and whispered to my husband, 'I have to write.'  Quietly he replied, 'I know.'

Writing has been cathartic, good therapy, whatever you want to call it.  For me, it was the right thing to do.  Lisa Jo Baker said it best . . .  when the storms come, keep writing.  

And because people were praying and His Spirit was alive and well in my soul, I traveled from 'my soul is weary with sorrow,' to hearing Him gently whisper, 'peace be still,' to the confirmation that 'the Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace' ... back and forth these verses wove a warm, comforting blanket of merciful grace around my aching heart.

He is good.

Here's a final 31 Day Potpourri ...


* * * THE UNOFFICIAL SURVEY

WRITTEN THROUGH TEARS

and



MOST HITS 
Day 15 :: She's Mommy 911


DEEPEST CONVERSATION WITH READERS


THE RUNT OF THE LITTER
Day 13 :: Obnoxious Fans


MOST URGENT


CRACKED ME UP


LOVED THIS SONG

Click here to see all the 31 Day posts!
 

* * * BLOGS THAT GRABBED MY ATTENTION
31 Days in My Brown Skin

31 Days of Home.  On Purpose.

31 Days of Stepping Down

31 Days of Coming to Grips with My Age

31 Days of Grace Through Trials

Check out the 1239 31 Dayers here!


* * * YOUR 31 DAY BLOG
With scads of blogs to choose from, I KNOW that I missed some good stuff. If you took the 31 Day Challenge, please be so kind as to leave a comment and share your link with our readers!


* * * GIVEAWAY WINNERS
Congrats to:
DONNA {Day 14} - $25 Applebee's Gift Card

LOIS {Day 20} - $10 i-Tunes Gift Card

Please email me your addresses today!


* * * THE GOODIE BAG
An absolutely free, no strings attached 20 minute coaching call is my gift to YOU in November.  The details are all here.  Please shoot me an email right now and take me up on this offer!


* * * DEEPEST APPRECIATION
And my most appreciative thank you to all of you who signed up at THE DELIVERY and now receive each blog post.  You've joined a community ... and I am truly delighted that you're here!


* * * NOVEMBER GIVEAWAY 
Thanks to a lovely, generous, surprise from BreakAway Music, a November giveaway of FOUR prizes is right around the corner.  You won't want to miss this!

 
*31 logo by hannah.aviva

7 comments:

  1. Linda, I had no idea you were walking this road. Bless you, friend. Grace and peace to you. I'm praying, and grateful to *know* you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are kind, Deidra ... I look forward to going back and savoring each of your posts. Thank you for deepening my understanding and enlarging my vision.

    Blessings ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I, too, had no idea your road or your journey. I just know that you encouraged me MUCH this month with your frequent kind words.

    Thanks for the honor! You bless me!!

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the gift card! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I am so sorry to hear the path this past month has been for you. Praying for you and your family. I appreciate your kind words about my series. Happy you find good therapy in your writing... it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did good, my friend! Enjoyed the 31 Day Challenge very much. Love to you and Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for continuing to write in the midst of the storms (figuratively and literally). I am sorry that you are walking this road, thankful that God is giving you peace. Praying . . . Dar

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...