Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days of Awesome Relationships : : Day 10 : : Grasping Too Tightly

There is this propensity to hang on too tightly.  To try to control, to hold on to something or someone long after we should have opened our hands.  There must be an unmet need, a longing never realized, that puts us in this powerless place of desperation.
 
Our most coveted desires and relationships are better off released into the hands of the Master Planner.  For that is when we find a sweet peace, in allowing Him to do what He does best.  Orchestrate our lives out of His endless wisdom, matchless love, and fragrant grace.
 
Unlike our futile movements stemming from sorrow, pain, and fear.
 
And it's at the moments when we lift up open hands and acknowledge our sin of needing to control the universe that we can cry with sweet relief, 'My times are in Thy hand.'  That's when He graciously and lavishly gives us what we truly longed for, that cherished gift that no other human was able to give to us in the depths of our neediness. 

'Peace I leave you.  My peace I give you ...'
 
 
 
 

 
Coming Tomorrow - Yes, This is Abuse

*    *    *
 
Don't miss the chance to win
a $25 Applebee's gift card or a $10 i-tunes gift card!
Be sure to leave a comment to enter this October 31st giveaway!

Click here for the links to each of the 31 posts.
Subscribe to the blog at The Delivery on the top right and future posts will come directly to you!
 
* photo by Beverly & Pack

4 comments:

  1. I love this one! It is a harsh reminder of control freak that I tend to be. I keep asking God to open my eyes so that I may see the things he wants me to. This was definately one of them! I'm loving following your 31 day series!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a struggle for me and your words spoke right to my heart. thank you for the encouragement and the insight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in good company, Lois ... this isn't something that comes easy, is it ...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...