Friday, September 7, 2012

I Never Deserved It

She asks us to write on the word graceful.  I know she means elegant and classy.  But in these minutes before 7 am, all I can think about is grace.

Grace-filled.

Grace - God's unmerited favor.  Something I don't deserve.  But what He gives me anyway.  Because I am His daughter.  And He loves me.  I scoop that gift up as often as I can.  Because I need it.  And He never gets bored in showing me that loving attention.

And this quickly comes to mind.  The need, the call, the requirement that I show that unmerited favor to others.  Out of the richness of all He has lavished on me.  All that I didn't deserve.  Could there possibly be some to send along to the one alongside me?

The clown that cuts me off in traffic.

The one in a hurry who lets a door slam in my face.

The rude, overworked girl at the checkout counter.

The guy at the gas station who talks to his buddies for 5 minutes before turning to fill my tank.

I sing, 'Your grace is enough, your grace is enough, your grace is enough for me.'  Now to ask for opportunities to show it, to live it, to be grace-filled to a world starving to death for some of that unmerited favor.  Even and especially when their actions say that they don't deserve it.

Because there was never a day in my life when I deserved to be grace-filled either.



Five Minute Friday

^ photo by niterssss

5 comments:

  1. Linda,
    AMEN!We never deserve it. That's why He's God.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog, and bringing a smile to my face.
    Peace and good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you--it's hard to be given so much grace and not want to spill it out again for others! There's something so inspiring in grace and forgiveness. We're humbled to see others as worthy of the same gifts. Found you through Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like the way you did this! We sooo do NOT deserve the grace, but I am sooo thankful for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! And the time when I most need to pass grace on is when I could care less, when I don't want to be bothered.

    That's when I must choose to be a willing yet feeble vessel, and let Him show His love to others through me.

    Thanks for stopping in early this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I needed to hear!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...