Sunday, August 5, 2012

To Contemplate ...


'Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that.   Don't be impressed with yourself.   Don't compare yourself with others.   Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.

So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good.   At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit.   Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.'
- from Galatians 6, The Message -

* photo by ps70

7 comments:

  1. There are time The Message doesn't speak to me but wow, this passage hit me squarely in my heart. Thanks for featuring it.

    Coming over from The Sunday Community

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scripture is a very challenging one. It really tells us to keep our focus in the right place, the right direction. I always have to be aware of who I am and what I am doing... BUT to remind myself again and again that it is only for the Lord, and not for my "success" and "spiritual leadership". Oh, yes. A truism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The passage grabbed me, too! Sometimes it's good to read those oh-so-familiar words in a fresh translation.

    Thanks for sharing a bit of yourselves today at Creekside, Jean and caryjo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't read this from The Message before, but it sure is powerful! So glad you shared it. Love how God continues to speak through Scripture, over and over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially love "Do not be impressed with yourself."

    Something I've heard in deep places, spoken by a very familiar Voice.

    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm stopping by from Jumping Tandem today.
    How beautiful!
    I truly love Sundays. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! He speaks 'in deep places' in a voice that's 'very familiar,' dear, and powerful!

    Welcome to Creekside, ladies! So very good to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...