1 room. 3 bags. 15 minutes.
1. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
2. Grab 3 bags - 1 for trash, 1 for donations, 1 for stuff to sell.
3. Move clockwise around the room, opening every drawer and closet, going through every stack and pile.
4. Toss 15 items into the TRASH bag.
5. Release 15 items into the GIVE bag.
6. Place 15 items into the SELL bag.
7. Store bags in an out of the way place til tomorrow. When filled, act on your decision. Dispose. Donate. Sell.
Just think! If we did this each day, at the end of the month:
We'd throw out 450 pieces of junk.
We'd give 450 decent, usable items to someone who could make good use out of them.
We'd sell 450 items on ebay, Craigs List, at a garage sale.
We'd have space and time and energy and freedom to spare. Because we wouldn't be overwhelmed by our possessions. We'd be free to love and serve and minister and enjoy the life God has blessed us with.
And to keep ourselves from getting in that place again, it wouldn't be at all difficult to incorporate these 8 DAILY HABITS into our everyday routines.
More often than not, simpler is best!
- photo by lifeintheforest -
- posted at Delightful Order -