Monday, December 19, 2011

Lots of Cookies ... and Sparkling Punch




I hear that my daughters have been baking up a storm.  These girls are fabulous with flour and sugar and a mixer. Where they find the time to do all this, I haven't the vaguest idea.  I'd like to take some credit for their culinary giftedness, but in all honesty, I don't think they learned this creative skill at their mother's knee.

I love cookies. Eating them. But I do not love making them.

Anyway, at last report, batch after batch of orange drop cookies, buckeyes, M&M cookies, shortbread logs, double chocolate mint cookies, spritz cookies, gingerbread men, pizelles, chocolate crinkles, surprise meringues, peanut butter blossoms, and peppermint meltaways have made their way in and out of their ovens.  These little goodies have already made their appearance at a fundraiser, an open house, a few church gatherings, and onto gift plates.

I plan to spend a substantial portion of Christmas Eve day grazing and sampling my daughters' handiwork.


The kitchen may not be my favorite room in the house, but I've gotta admit that I am also inspired by Rikki Snyder's Sparkling Punch


And oh my look at those Fudge Cups!  Do wander over to her blog to enjoy more of her mouthwatering photographs and recipes.  Don't you love those edible gold stars?!

 Yes, I know Christmas is not all about the cookies.  But I, for one, am thankful that they'll be available as we celebrate His birth ...

Enjoy!
Linda

*** 12/21 Update - Click on the little red comment link below for my mom's delectable
 Surprise Meringue recipe!

*** 12/2012 Update - Joining the gang over at Cottage Magpie!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know whether I enjoy baking cookies, eating the cookie batter, or eating the cookies best, but I love it!

    Mom - you make the best Surprise Meringues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to bite the bullet, get brave, and make these meringues this week ...

    SURPRISE MERINGUES

    Beat 8 egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and cream of tartar, 4 teaspoons vanilla extract til soft peaks form.

    Gradually add 3 cups of sugar, beating til peaks are stiff.

    Fold in 4 cups chocolate chips.

    Drop by the teaspoon onto cookie sheets lined with a brown paper bag.

    Bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for having me on the blog Linda! We've got lots of cookies over too, if you ever need any! I'll have to write down that Meringue recipe, love those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beautiful photos are a story in and of themselves! Thanks for sharing them with us from time to time!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...