Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Week Legacy


I love INHERITANCE OF HOPE! Since 2008, my husband, Tim, and I have been privileged to spend lots of time with families where there's a parent diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.  We've headed off on Legacy Retreats to NYC, Disney World, and Lake George, NY. 

As I lead the daily group sessions with these parents, I am repeatedly struck by their courageous spirit of endurance that eclipses physical weakness and pain. Distinct lack of self-pity.  Soul-moving concern for their children.  Our conversations are forged by deep emotions that have no words.  And the knowledge that life might be much shorter than they had ever dreamed.

They go home with life-energizing memories, loads of new friends, renewed/new faith, and hands-on tools that enable them to leave powerful legacies to their children.

I go home refocused on what's truly important.  And inspired that maybe I, too, can leave a legacy that matters

- Kristen and husband, Deric -
Every time I connect with her, co-founder Kristen motivates me.  She truly inspires me by the way she's chosen to run life's marathon.  So today I honor her and all those parents who've been willing to sit in that circle of chairs.  To speak and laugh and cry.  And be raw and real about their pain, hopes, fears, victories, dreams, and faith struggles.


 Linda

P.S.  Yes, that's me in the top picture, peeking through the crowd, 7th from the left, back row!   ;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...