Sunday, November 27, 2011

Safely Grazing


... from this Sabbath day's journaling.

We are the sheep of Your pasture.  The sheep don't call the shots, make the plans, or set the agenda.  They follow the Shepherd.  Because they instinctively understand that He is in charge.  He knows what direction to take them in.  He's got the plans and the roadmap laid out ahead.                

The Shepherd loves His sheep - they are His and He paid a huge price for them.  He knows where water and food are because He is the landowner.  He will give His sheep safe passage to the destination He has chosen.

And as they follow Him, they will be safe.  Protected.  Provided for.  And treasured.  The all-wise Shepherd will guard His lambs from wolves in sheep's clothing who threaten to kill and destroy.

The sheep may safely graze as they follow their Shepherd with confidence and peace.  He will bring them home.

GRATITUDES
1.  The lamb gives her control and plans and worries to the Shepherd.

2.  The lamb rests, knowing that under His guidance all is well.

3.  The lamb is at peace, focusing on obedience and allegiance to the Shepherd.

PSALM 23
 {THE MESSAGE}
"God, my shepherd!  I don't need a thing.   You have bedded me down in lush meadows, You find me quiet pools to drink from. 

True to Your word, You let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. 

Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when You walk by my side.  Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.

You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies.  You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing.

Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life.  I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life."


Linda

- sheep from TASCHA'S GALLERY -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...