Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Embracing Suffering

"To embrace suffering is to welcome God's work in your life even in the most unimaginable circumstances.

To embrace suffering is to enjoy God's presence in your life even when you are filled with questions for Him.

To embrace suffering is to enter into a deeper relationship with God that you could not have enjoyed without experiencing penetrating pain. The suffering not only makes you crave such a relationship, it gives you the capacity to savor it.

Ultimately, to embrace suffering is to allow your now broken heart to be more easily rebroken by the things that break the heart of God. To embrace suffering is to be come more aware of and more apt to engage with the suffering in the world around you.

Don't run from suffering; embrace it and find yourself enriched and renewed."
~~ Guthrie ~~

Linda

"Anyone who intends to come with Me has to let Me lead. You're not in the driver's seat - I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow Me and I'll show you how"
~ Luke 9:23-24 {The Message}.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this Linda.I keep thinking of the verse "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".Our loving heavenly Father holds us and our future in the palm of His hand. I pray for your, Tim's and your entire family's strength and endurance as you weather this storm. I know it may not be smooth sailing, but I also know you will come through the storm, held securely by the one who loves you most.Remember "Praise you in this storm" by Casting Crowns?
    I love you, my beautiful, wonderful friend. We will pray without ceasing until all this is behind you.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...