Monday, January 4, 2010

He Wants to Take Me There

... today's journaling brings a delightful invitation to my soul ...

"I feel You beckoning me to a deeper, more purposeful prayer life this year. I don't know quite what that looks like, what that means. In many ways, I feel like I "pray without ceasing." I often feel we have this unending dialogue going on. But I am sensing that You want something more, something greater, something substantial. As I sit quietly with You, as I talk with You, I believe You will show me what You are requiring of me.

'The Lord has already told you what is good, and this is what He requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. Listen! Fear the Lord if you are wise'
-Micah 6:8-9, NLT.

'Observe the requirements of the Lord your God and follow all His ways'
-1 Kings 2:3, NLT.

An active life of focused prayer that is characterized by an awe-filled awareness of His presence. A response of humble, heartfelt obedience that generates wisdom and mercy and development of character. A continuation of the journey He has already begun with me.

He is beckoning me to go deeper. He wants to take me there. I do not go alone. The call to prayer is not a long checklist or a new, improved game plan. It is simply an invitation to spend more time with the Lover of my soul.

I say 'yes.'

To share the deepest part of who I am. To hear His still, small voice. To give Him all that fills my mind and heart.

The deeper life with Christ beckons. It's all about relationship. Love. Submission. Trust.

It's what I yearn for. It's what brings Him honor and delight.

I'm ready to follow Your lead on this, Lord. Show me the next steps we'll take on this journey."
Linda


2 comments:

  1. Wow, isn't that cool. We are both on the same page. That is exactly what God wants of me this year. To walk the walk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deeper life is what it's all about, isn't it ...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...