Friday, May 29, 2009

The Waiting Room

"I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord"
- Lamentations 3:24-26.

The waiting room. At the doctor's office. The courtroom. The airport. The train station. A place of uncertainty, possibly anxiety ... often sitting there longer than we had planned. Wondering what's taking so long ... impatience creeping in, apprehension growing. It can be an unsettling time.

What's it look like to wait on God? Where is He? Why doesn't He answer quickly? What does He want me to learn while I am powerless, not in control, uncertain?


1. EXPECT IT. Waiting is a part of life. Don't fight it. Settle into it. Be expectant. It is God's invitation to be still. To listen for His voice. To grow trust.

2. USE IT WISELY. Redeem this time. Be quiet. For once. Reflect on His Word. Let it offer you security. Hope. Faith stretches most in the dark.

3. LEARN THE LESSONS. Allow Him to show you something of who He is. Discover the difficult lessons of hope. Begin to grasp that God is all we really need.
"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand" - Psalm 40:1-2.

I Met Him There ~
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...