Friday, May 22, 2009

Her Lifeline

Journaling. In the midst of the busyness, I can't begin to let this important discipline and lifeline go. These times of connecting with You, God, are what keeps me where I need to be. Connected with you. Reading Your Word. Being still so I can hear Your voice, know Your heart. Letting go of all that crowds my mind and demands my attention.

So, "Speak, Lord, in the stillness, while I wait on Thee. Hushed my heart to listen, in expectancy.

Speak, oh blessed Master, in this quiet hour. May I hear Thy voice Lord, feel Thy touch of power.

For the words Thou speakest, They are life indeed. Living bread from heaven, Now my spirit feed!

Fill me with the knowledge of Thy glorious will; All Thine own good pleasure in Thy child fulfill." - Grimes

"So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless"
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NLT).

STRONG - "Your strength must come from the Lord's mighty power within you."

STEADY - Focused, balanced

ENTHUSIASTIC - Joyful, expectant, confident, energized

HIS POWER + FOCUS + BALANCE + JOY + EXPECTANCY + CONFIDENCE + ENERGY = EQUIPPED & PREPARED TO SERVE

Only By His Grace ~
Linda

2 comments:

  1. I love all of that. Thank you for those word pictures and helping me to focus on my Father instead of getting caught up in the world's snares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He certainly is our anchor! And He keeps us from drifting away if we allow Him to keep hold of our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...