Saturday, February 28, 2009

Brian's Prayer

A PRAYER FROM THE HEART


I CALL ON YOUR NAME, OH MY LORD.
I PLEAD FROM THE DEPTHS OF MY SOUL.
TRY ME AND LOOK ALL WITHIN ME.
PLEASE MAKE MY BROKENESS WHOLE.

WHILE MY SPIRIT MAY NOT BE SO SINFUL.
MY DISABILITIES CAUSE ME MUCH PAIN.
I AM WOEFULLY FEELING DOWNTRODDEN.
I FEEL I AM GOING INSANE.

I AM ONLY A MAN WITH NO POWERS.
SOMEONE WHO CANNOT EVEN SPEAK.
AN OUTCAST BY TODAY'S STANDARDS.
AND NOW I FEEL INWARDLY WEAK.

I KNOW THAT YOU ARE HIGHER THAN HIGH.
AND I KNOW THAT YOU LOVE ME AS YOURS.
AND I KNOW THAT YOU CAN ANOINT ME.
WITH A BALM FOR MY SADNESS TO SOAR.

HOLD ME AND KEEP ME IN YOUR TENDER CARE.
GUIDE ME THROUGH THIS ARID DESERT.
I NAME YOU AND CLAIM YOU AS MY HIGH KING.
AND GRATEFULLY ACCEPT YOUR TRUE COMFORT.

IN JESUS' NAME, AMEN

Please join the Community as we join Brian in his prayer for God's mercy and comfort.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...