Friday, July 11, 2008

Brian's Prayer

LORD, JUST PLEASE MAKE MY DAY EASY TO BEAR.
HELP ME FROM CHOOSING WHAT COULD BE WRONG.
GUIDE ME IN ALL OF MY THOUGHTS AND MY DEEDS.
KEEP MY AUTISM SMALL, YOUR DIVINE WISDOM STRONG.

I ONLY WANT TO DO YOUR WILL, LORD.
AND MY BODY OUTSIDE IS SO WEAK.
I ONLY CAN USE MY FINGER TO SHARE.
WHAT IT IS THAT YOU WANT ME TO SPEAK.

I WANT OTHERS TO FEEL THE WONDER I FEEL.
WHEN I KNOW THAT YOU ARE HERE WITHIN ME.
THE JOY AND THAT HOPE AND THE TENDERNESS TOO.
THAT IS YOUR LIGHT AND YOUR TRUTH, MAKES ME FREE.

HOW CAN I GET OTHERS TO SEE WHAT I SEE?
THAT OUR OUTWARD APPEARANCE IS FOR NOUGHT.
YOU CARE FOR OUR SOUL AND OUR SPIRIT.
AND YOUR GRACE AND MERCY CANNOT BE BOUGHT.

OUR COLOR, OUR CLOTHING, OUR ETHNICITY.
DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU, NOT ONE BIT.
BUT OUR VERY INTIMATE, DEEP CHARACTER.
IS WHAT WITH YOUR LOVE, YOU WILL FIT.

THEN THEY WILL KNOW THAT IT IS ONLY YOU.
THAT WE MUST HONOR, LOVE, AND ADORE.
FOR FIRST TO KNOW THAT WE ARE IN SIN.
AND ACCEPT YOUR SON, CAN WE BE PURE.

THEN, THROUGH GOOD TIMES AND HARDSHIP.
WILL WE KNOW THAT YOU'RE THERE BESIDE US.
I KNOW FROM MY VERY OWN EXPERIENCE.
THAT YOU WILL NEVER, EVER LEAVE US.

IN JESUS' NAME, AMEN

To read more about Brian and his prayers, click here.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...